Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing your administrative area, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Moodle ships with a bit of flexibility…in customizing the dashboard right out of the box.…You can move blocks around, delete them altogether,…or add other blocks that aren't originally…in the default view.…We'll start with moving the blocks.…I'm gonna go over to the "My home" page.…If you remember, that's the one we clicked on…to see the teacher or student's day-to-day…view of the dashboard.…I mentioned before that I find…navigating Moodle's dashboard a little confusing at times,…because it can often look the same…no matter where you happen to be.…This breadcrumb navigation at the top…really helps me navigate the site.…
I use it all the time to get my bearings.…So now that I'm on my home page,…aside from all the additional blocks,…I get a "Customize this page" button on the top right.…I'm going to go ahead and click on that.…As I do that, we see that my blocks…have extra icons now on the top right.…Aside from the usual minimizing and docking buttons,…I now have a directional arrows icon…with which I can move blocks in a drag-and-drop fashion.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.