Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Customizing user profile fields, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- In this video, we're gonna look at how…to create custom user profile fields.…Quite frequently, in any online learning environment,…you want to create a culture…of bonding among students…to make up for the lack of physical presence…in the actual classroom.…Custom fields on a user profile help you achieve this…in small way.…Since we're building an online language school environment,…let's say that we'll have our students…list their English language experience in their profile.…We could create a field that says,…"Studied English Before,"…as a yes or no dropdown menu,…and then, "Type of English Studied,"…where the student can list either…British English, American English,…Australian English, and so on.…
That way, two students that have studied Australian English…in the past, might better connect online…as they get to know each other.…If you remember, when we had filled out the page…for creating a new user,…there were various categories of options…such as Additional Names,…Interests, and Optional.…Now we can add our own category to those right underneath,…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.