Moodle allows you to customize your profile by adding a photograph, a bio, interests, and more. This is the bio that students will see when they join your course.
- [Instructor] In this video, let's take a look … at how to customize our Moodle profile. … I'm currently on Moodle's new and improved dashboard. … And you'll notice here … that I have my different courses that appear, … as well as my dashboard blocks. … Now, what I want to do is to customize my profile. … Your profile page will be available to your students, … and I believe it's an important part of your course. … It provides a way for you to introduce yourself … and begin to build rapport with your students. … Let's take a look at how to customize it. … In the upper-right corner, I'm going to click … on the dropdown menu next to my profile picture. … From here, I'll select Profile. … And this brings me to my profile page. … Up at the top in the middle, … you can see here that there is a link … for editing my profile. … I'm going to go ahead and click on that. … When I do, we get these boxes … that we can enter information in. … And you'll notice … that there's already some information entered in for me. …
- New features in Moodle 3.6
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.