Moodle allows you to customize your profile by adding a photograph, a bio, interests and more. This is the bio that students will see when they join your course.
- [Instructor] In this video,…we'll take a look at how to customize our Moodle profile.…I'm currently on Moodle's new and improved dashboard.…And you'll notice in the middle…that I have access to my timeline…and I can also click on courses.…This will show me any courses I have in progress,…as well as future courses and past courses.…The first thing I want to do, however,…is to make sure that I have my profile page created…and updated.…Your profile page will be available to your students,…and I believe it's an important part of your course.…It provides a way for you to introduce yourself…and begin to build rapport with your students.…
Let's take a look at how we can customize it.…In the upper right hand corner you can see my name,…and next to this I'm going to click the dropdown menu.…From here I'll select 'Profile'.…And this brings me to my profile page.…Now in order to edit it,…I can go ahead to the center of the page…and here it says 'Edit profile'.…I'm going to click on this.…Now inside of here,…there is some information already entered about me.…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.