Moodle allows you to customize your profile by adding a photograph, a bio, interests, and more. This is the bio that students will see when they join your course.
- In this video, let's take a look at…how to customize our Moodle profile.…I'm currently on my dashboard,…and as you can see, I have access to…two different courses:…Concepts of Biology, and Communication Fundamentals.…Now, your dashboard likely looks different,…as you'll have access to different courses,…and the look and layout may be different…according to how your site administrator set it up.…The first thing I want to do, however,…is to make sure that I have my…profile page created and updated.…Your profile page will be available to your students,…and I believe it's a very important part of the course.…
It's a way for you to introduce yourself,…and begin to build rapport with students.…Let's take a look at how to customize it.…In the upper right hand corner,…I'm going to click on the drop down menu next to my name.…And from here, I'm going to select profile.…Now, here is where we can see our profile,…and, again, where we can edit our profile.…So, right down here, where it says Edit profile,…I'm going to click,…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.