Moodle allows you to customize your profile by adding a photograph, a bio, interests, and more. In this video, learn how to customize your Moodle profile.
- In this video let's take a look at how to customize our Moodle profile. I'm currently on Moodles new and improved dashboard. And you'll notice here that I have my different courses that appear, as well as my dashboard blocks. What I want to do is to customize my profile. Your profile page will be available to your students and I believe it's an important part of your course. It provides a way for you to introduce yourself and begin to build rapport with your students. Let's take a look at how to customize it. In the upper right corner I'm going to click on the dropdown menu next to my profile picture. From here I'll select profile. And this brings me to my profile page. Now up at the top in the middle, you can see here that there is a link for editing my profile. I'm going to go ahead and click on that. Now when I do we get these boxes that we can enter information in, and you'll notice that there's already some information entered in for me. This is information that was entered in by my institution when they created my account. I have my first and last name, email address and more. Now below this we do have an area for a description. And I think this is an important place to enter in some information about yourself. Let you students get to know you a bit. I'm going to paste in a description that I've already typed out here. And as you can see that's now inside of this description area. I'll scroll down and next we have an area for a user picture. Again I think this is an important part of your profile. You should have a picture that's linked with your account, so that students can quickly recognize it and begin to see what you look like and get to know you a little bit better. From here I'm going to click on the file icon in the upper left. And then I'm going to click on choose file to select one from my computer. Now here on my desktop I do have a profile image. I'll double click on this. And then upload that file. And as you can see that picture now appears in here. Below here we have a picture description. Just going to type in my name. We have additional names if you want to phonetically sound out your first or last name, put in a middle name or perhaps an alternate name. You can enter in interests, as well as an optional section to enter in things like a webpage, Skype ID, Yahoo ID, MSN ID and more. Now at the bottom when we're done, we need to click on update profile. I'll go ahead and click on that. And now my profile is updated and I'm ready to move onto the next step. If at any time I need to make changes to my profile, I can simple access it from this dropdown menu, and click on edit profile.
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports