Moodle allows you to customize your notification settings, which is an important aspect of creating your course. You have the ability to identify what you want to be notified, and how to be notified.
- [Instructor] In this video we'll take a look at how … to adjust our notification settings inside of Moodle. … This is an important step because it dictates … which activities that we're notified of on the platform. … For instance if we're notified on whether a student … posts a comment or sends a direct message to us. … In order to do this in the upper right corner, I'm going … to click on the dropdown menu again next to my name … and from here I want to select Preferences. … This brings us to the preferences page. … Here we can edit quite a bit, we can edit our profile, … we can change our password, change the preferred … language on the account and several other things. … In this case I'm interested in changing the notification … settings, so in the first column at the bottom I'm going … to select Notification Preferences and this brings us … to our notifications page. … Here we can customize it however we want, now there … will be some default settings already selected, … but you can override those if you'd like. …
- New features in Moodle 3.6
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.