Moodle allows you to customize your notification settings, which is an important aspect of creating your course. You have the ability to identify what you want to be notified, and how to be notified.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll take a look…at how to adjust your notification settings…inside of Moodle.…Now this is an important step,…because it will dictate which activities…that we're notified of on the platform.…For instance, if we're notified…on whether a student posts a comment…or sends a direct message to us.…In order to do this, in the upper right hand corner,…I'll click on the drop-down menu again,…and this time I'm going to select Preferences.…On the Preferences page, we can do quite a bit.…We can edit our profile.…We can change our password.…Change the preferred language on the account,…and several other things.…
In this case,…I'm interested in changing the notification settings.…So in the first column towards the bottom,…I'm going to click Notification preferences.…This brings us to our Notifications page,…and we can customize it however we want.…Now, there will likely be some default settings…already selected, but we can override these.…So, here's a couple things that I want to point out.…First of all, if you scroll down,…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.