Moodle allows you to customize your notification settings, which is an important aspect of creating your course. You have the ability to identify what you want to be notified, and how to be notified.
- [Instructor] In this video,…we'll take a look at how to adjust your…notification settings inside of Moodle.…Now this is an important step,…because it dictates which activities…you'll be notified of on the platform.…For instance, if we're notified on whether a student…posts a comment, or send a direct message.…In order to change this, in the upper right hand corner,…I'm going to again click on the drop-down menu,…and this time select preferences.…On the preferences page, we can change quite a bit.…We can edit our profile, change our password,…change the preferred language on the account,…and several other things.…
In this case, I'm interested in changing…the notification settings.…So in the first column at the bottom,…I'm going to select notification preferences.…This brings us to our notifications page,…and we can customize it however we want.…Now, there will likely be some default settings…already selected, but you can override those if you'd like.…Now there's a couple things I want to point out.…First, if I scroll down, you'll see that…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.