Social media has become a critical part of education. In this video, learn how to create links directly to your social media pages on the web.
- [Narrator] To create a link…to one of your social media pages,…you need to create…an absolute link…to your public page…on whatever network that you want to link to.…I'm in Contact at html…and I want to use…my Twitter handle here…as the label for a link.…The trick to creating…a social media link is…knowing what specific page…that you want to set the destination of your link to.…I'm going to jump over to my browser,…where I've logged in…to my Twitter account.…Go ahead and log in…to one of your social media pages.…
On most all social media sites…the page that you're used to seeing is…the feed of information…that is meant for you to see.…It's the articles, posts, and information…that's created by the people that you're connected to…or you're following.…It's meant for you to stay up-to-date…on what's happening in their lives.…This is not the page…that you want to direct your learners to.…Instead you want to direct your learners…to your public page…that contains your articles, your posts, and your pages.…
On most social media platforms…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.