Students will want to print out content from your website. In this video, learn how to create a dedicated print style sheet. This way you can control how your pages will appear on the printed page.
- [Instructor] Before we wrap up this chapter on CSS,…there is one more thing…that every educator needs to know…and that is how to create a dedicated print style sheet.…I'm in unit01.html…and I finished coding the rest of our site.…I've also created a second external style sheet…in the underscore css folder called print dot css…that we can link to this page.…To get a sense of what we're up against,…let's preview our page in our browser.…
Then go up to the file menu and select print.…The preview of this page probably looks fairly similar…to most any web page that you've ever printed out.…The text is all fairly easy to read…but media such as our video…just show up as a big blank box.…I've added a link directly to the video for our web users,…but you have no way of knowing where that video is located…if you can't get back to this page.…We also are seeing this resources menu…off to the right on the printed page…that doesn't really do us any good at all.…
We can do better for our learners.…Let's cancel this and go back to our code editor.…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.