Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Batch uploading users, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- We know how to create users one at a time,…but let's look at how to batch upload them.…So I'll go over to, "Upload Users".…You're going to need a CSV file populated with users…for this, but if you're a premium Lynda user,…I've got one ready for you in the exercise files,…it's called "users.csv"…You have to create columns with types of information,…and then populate it with users.…You can use a program like Microsoft Excel…to create one, but remember to save it…as a .csv format.…Alright so back to this page.…
I have four fields here.…For the first one, I grab my csv file…by clicking on the "choose a file" button,…and then again over here on "choose a file".…And here's my users.csv file.…Now I'll just upload this file.…Now I can see my users.csv file…listed in this field.…The second field asks how the file separates the values.…The csv acronym stands for "comma separated values",…so for most imports you'd leave this "csv delimiter setting"…as just a comma.…Similarly, UTF-8 encoding is generally the industry…standard these days,…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.