Learn how to create internal page navigation. Then take your instructional materials to the next level by creating deep links from one page to a specific location inside of another page. This is a great technique for educators who have a list of reading materials or references they need students to access.
- [Instructor] Let's learn how to create internal links…within a single page or a specific destination…of another page.…I'm in references.html…where I have a list of papers.…This list is a bit difficult to navigate around,…so let's create internal links to fix that.…We know that every link needs two components,…a label and a destination.…We can use the letters in this list as our labels,…but we need to define a location for our links to go to.…
We do that by setting a unique ID attribute.…The ID attributes can be set inside of the opening tag…of any element inside of the body section of your code.…Let's create an element called a div…and wrap it around all of the references for that letter.…A div is a generic HTML container…used to group other elements together with.…Let's come down inside of the definition list tag,…and create an opening div, and set its ID to the name…that you want your destination to be.…
I'll type in "a"…It's a good idea to keep your IDs short, simple,…and easy to remember.…Since there are currently no references…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.