Creating links from one page to another is the killer feature of webpages. Learn how to properly create and use the anchor tag that is used to make links. Explore both relative and absolute links and learn when to use each type.
- [Instructor] If there's only one skill that you learn…to master in HTML, it should be the use of links.…Links allow you to connect your learners…to resources anywhere on the internet.…In this chapter, we'll cover the most common uses…of links that every educator needs to know.…If you're following along, I'm in the links section…of the syllabus.html file.…To create a link, you use the anchor or A tag.…Links have two main components,…the label and the destination.…
The label component is whatever element…you want your learner to click on.…It's the thing that the anchor tag is wrapped around.…This could be text, an image, a movie,…literally anything that can be displayed…on your page can become the label for your link.…I'll wrap an opening and a closing anchor tag…around this text that says LMS Course Site.…The destination is an attribute of the opening anchor tag,…and it's the place where you want your learner…to go to when they click on the label.…
The destination attribute is called the href,…and you set it equal to your intended destination.…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.