Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating links to extermal websites, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- In this chapter we've been talking about about…managing course resources in Moodle…for students to access and use.…In some cases, you may want to share a link…to a particular webpage that sits outside of Moodle.…For example, maybe you've created a blog…that your students can follow.…Or maybe you found an interesting article…that relates to a course topic,…like this health article from The New York Times.…Let's see how to add a link to an external website.…First, turn editing on if you haven't already.…I'll use the button in the top-right corner.…
Next, scroll to the appropriate topic area or section.…I'll go to an empty one.…Topic 8.…Click the Add an activity or resource link…in the bottom-right corner of that section.…Then scroll to the resources part of the menu,…and select URL.…Finally, hit the Add button.…On the next page, enter a name.…Make it descriptive,…what you think the students should know about this website.…
You can add a description if you like,…and then put in an external URL.…You can type it or paste it.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.