Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating groups for collaborative work, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- If you use group learning activities in your classroom…Moodle allows you to create groups in different ways…and apply groups to individual activities or…the entire course.…To get started, let's go to the administration block…and expand the user's section, and then I'll…click the Groups option.…On the Groups page, you want to begin by creating groups.…I'll scroll down so we can see all the options.…You can use Create Group, which will manually create groups…Auto-Create Groups, which, as the title implies…will do it for you, or Import Groups.…
Let's start with an easy one.…Auto-Create Groups gives you a couple options for naming…and assigning students to groups all in one page.…I'll click the button now.…We use the naming scheme field to automatically…create basic names for the group.…To do so, type a common word like "group" "team"…or "project team".…I'll use "Team".…Use the @ symbol if you want groups name with…sequential letters, like Team A, Team B, or Team C.…Use the hashtag symbol if you want groups named…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.