Learn how to create a link that automatically opens a new email message in your students' email program; automatically addresses the message to you; and automatically creates a subject line so that you can filter and sort in your email program. Keeping your own email inbox clean while grouping all of your class correspondence together.
- [Instructor] Let's create a link…that automatically opens the student's email program…and addresses an email to you.…I'm in contact at html…and let's use my email address here…for the target at the link.…Create an opening anchor tag…with an href attribute set equal to quote our destination.…Just like we've done several times already.…Now we need to prefix the email address…that we want to send the mail to…with the phrase "mail to" colon…and then enter the email address.…
I'll type in firstname.lastname@example.org.…Then close the quote and close the anchor tag.…Now save your page and let's test our link.…When you click on the link,…it automatically opens a new email message…addressed to you from the user's default email program.…To take this one step further,…if you go back to your code,…inside of the href attribute…at the end of your email address…but before the closing lines,…type in question mark, subject equals,…then enter what you want the default subject line to be.…
I'll enter env432 colon.…Save and then let's test this link.…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.