Discover the keys to successfully teach online. Learn how to use learning management systems, design an online class, track progress, and meaningfully engage students.
- At this point, you're probably familiar with online education and its growing popularity. But what is it and how does it differ from traditional education? Well, in this course, I'll answer these questions. I'm Oliver Schinkten, staff instructor at LinkedIn, and I've been a teacher for over 15 years. Over the past decade, I've been both a student and instructor of online courses, and over that time, I've learned a lot. My goal for this course is to give you an overview of teaching online, including some key concepts to consider, as well as some best practices, so that you have a solid foundation in creating your own online instruction. So join me in this course, let's do this.
- Benefits of online education
- Incorporating technology in the classroom
- Setting guidelines and expectations about online courses
- Writing learning outcomes
- Sharing and curating files and resources
- Tracking student progress
- Engaging students
- Fostering communication
- Providing feedback
- Making learning accessible to students with disabilities