Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating and editing a quiz, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- Now that we've created or imported questions…and put them in categories to make them easy to find…let's make a Moodle quiz.…Following the example from the last video…about creating quiz questions…I'll show how to make a quiz about the syllabus.…First, I'll turn editing on in the top right hand corner…using the button,…then I'll scroll to the appropriate section…where I wanna put the quiz.…Since it's a quiz about the syllabus…I'll put it right underneath the Syllabus itself.…Then I'll click the Add an activity or resource link…in the bottom right corner of that section.…
I'll click the Quiz activity and click Add…in the bottom of the window.…On the Adding a new quiz page…we'll enter some basic information about the quiz…and adjust some settings.…You could call it something like Syllabus Quiz,…but I call mine Learning Contract.…I include questions that ask students…to demonstrate they've read and agreed…to specific expectations,…so the name Learning Contract makes more sense.…In the Description enter basic information,…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.