The third type of HTML list item is the description list. In this video, learn how the description list is different from the unordered and ordered lists. Learn when to choose the description list over the other types of HTML lists.
- [Instructor] Now let's look at how…to create a description list.…I'm in the bottom section of syllabus.html…and I've got a live preview open so we can see the changes…as they're happening.…The description list works differently than the…unordered or ordered list that we saw in the last movie,…where each item in the list had its own LI tag…to note that it was a member of the list.…Description lists, or as I often refer to them as,…definition lists, are used to define the title…of some term or phrase and then provide…one or more descriptions of that thing.…
In the course outline section,…we have a list of each of the units…that will be covered in the course…with a brief description of that unit.…As with all lists, we start by defining the region…in the code that will contain all of the elements…of the list.…For a description list, you do that by adding…an opening DL tag here,…and then go to the bottom of the list region and add…a closing DL tag.…Now is where we depart from the unordered and ordered lists.…
We need to tell the browser what elements contain…
- Coding a site, a page, or parts
- Managing digital assets
- Formatting headings and paragraphs
- Creating links to pages
- Linking to a PDF or a Google Doc
- Inserting your own images into an LMS
- Embedding YouTube, Vimeo, and SoundCloud media
- Making pages responsive for mobile devices
- Working with CSS using web developer tools
- Overriding existing CSS
- Setting up your own domain
- Using FTP
Skill Level Intermediate
WordPress for Education: Multisitewith Chris Mattia1h 55m Intermediate
Measuring Learning Effectivenesswith Jeff Toister47m 4s Beginner
1. Web Basics
2. Semantically Formatting Text
3. Leveraging Links
4. Integrating Images
5. Embedding Resources
6. Adding Style with CSS
7. Setting Up Web Infrastructure
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.