Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Creating a course, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Having set up our categories,…it now makes sense for us to create some courses.…I'm still on the Manage Courses and categories page,…and I'm gonna focus on the right column of the page.…With no courses here, there really isn't much to do,…other than create a course, so let's do that.…Go ahead and click on Create Course with me then.…Now we're on the page for creating a course,…you see the Course full name, and the Course short name.…The full name will be the official title of the course,…when the student is within it.…The short name is mainly for navigational purposes.…
Course names can get long,…which has the potential to make Moodle's interface…convoluted and confusing,…particularly within the navigation.…I'm gonna name our course, Communication Intermediate 1.…Next I'll choose to have this communication course,…under the category, Communications,…I'll leave it visible too.…Remember that in the Checking and Editing…course default settings video, we had a global setting,…that made it so that all courses are born visible.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.