In the center of your Moodle course page you have the ability determine the sequence and flow of your course by adjusting the course sections. You can choose to divide sections by weeks, topics, or other ways.
- ([Instructor]) In this video,…we'll learn how to customize our course sections, or topics.…This is an important step, because it determines the layout…and structure of your course.…Right now, I can see that my course is broken up…into weeks and the date is given for each week.…For my course though, I want to change this…to be units instead of weeks.…I have a course syllabus here…and it specifies the different units that we'll have.…If I scroll down, you can see that I have Unit 1:…Structure and Function, Unit 2:…Traits and Heredity, and so on.…So, I want to change it so that these…are the different sections that appear on my course page.…
Now, in order to do this, I'll click back on my course page…and if I scroll up to the top on the right hand side…and click on the gear icon, I can select edit settings.…On this page, I need to scroll down…and I can select course format.…Here I can edit the settings for my course format.…As you can see right now it has it in a weekly format,…but I want to change this to a topics format.…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.