Within the Moodle platform, you have the ability to organize students into groups. Groups can be used as a way to send information to specific subsets of students as well as the ability for students to work together on group projects and submit them on the platform.
- [Oliver] There may be times … when you need to organize students into groups. … In this video, I want to show you how easy it is … to create groups on the Moodle platform. … Now, there are a couple ways … that we can access our Groups page. … First of all, on the left navigation bar, … I can click on Participants. … From here, in the upper right, … I can click on the gear icon, and there's a link for Groups. … When I click on that, it brings us to our Groups page. … As you can see here, I do not yet have any groups, … but that makes sense. … We haven't created any yet. … Now, if I navigate back up to my Bio 101 course page, … I can also access groups by going to the gear icon … in the upper right here, … then clicking on More at the bottom. … From here, we have Course Administration and Users. … I want to click on Users, … and here we can access groups. … I'll click that, and again it brings us to our Groups page. … Now, if I scroll down here, there is a button … for creating a new group. …
- New features in Moodle 3.6
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.