Within the Moodle platform, you have the ability to organize students into groups. Groups can be used as a way to send information to specific subsets of students as well as the ability for students to work together on group projects and submit them on the platform.
- [Oliver] There may be times where you'd need to…organize students into groups,…whether it's for a club, if they're working together…on group projects, or for any other reason.…In this video, I want to show you…how easy it is to create groups on the Moodle platform.…Now there are a couple different ways…that we can get to our Groups feature.…Over on the left, if I click on Participants,…from this screen I can click on the gear icon…in the upper right, and then navigate to Groups.…This brings me to the Groups page.…Right now you can see that we…don't yet have any groups created.…Now another way I can get there…is by going back to my dashboard…and clicking on the gear icon here.…
I'll scroll down to the bottom, select More,…and this brings us to all of these options.…Up at the top if I click on Users,…I can also access Groups from here,…and this brings us to that same page.…Now, like I said, I don't yet have any groups created,…so I need to create my first group.…I'll go ahead, and on the left hand side,…I'm going to click on Create Group.…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.