Within the Moodle platform, you have the ability to organize students into groups. Groups can be used as a way to send information to specific subsets of students as well as the ability for students to work together on group projects and submit them on the platform.
- [Narrator] There may be times when you need to organize…students into groups, whether it's when doing projects,…or creating a club, or any other instance.…In this video, I want to show you how easy it is…to create groups on the Moodle platform.…Now there are a couple different ways we can get…to our groups.…First, on the left hand side,…I'm going to click on participants.…And this is a screen we've seen before.…On the top right I'll click the gear icon,…and then go down to groups.…This will bring up my groups.…As you can see, there's nothing here yet.…Now let's take a look at another way that we can get here.…
I'll go back to my biology concepts homepage,…and at the top I can click on the gear icon…and then scroll down to more.…This gives us a ton of options of things we can do.…And at the top if I click over to users, you'll notice that…on the right hand side one of the choices we have is groups.…This will bring us to that same page.…So as you can see I don't have any groups created yet…at this point.…And in order to create a group, I'm going to scroll down,…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.