Learn how to use Moodle 3.6, the popular open-source learning management system. Find out how to create an online course, add resources and activities, enroll students, and more.
- [Oliver] Learning management systems have revolutionized the way that we're able to communicate, deliver content and give feedback to our students. An LMS can help make you, as an instructor, more efficient by simplifying the grading process, streamlining record keeping, providing great communication tools, and by integrating digital resources. An LMS provides students with a digital platform, which they can access anywhere at anytime. They can interact with online resources and activities, gain a voice through online discussions, and communicate and collaborate with classmates and the instructor. Moodle is a powerful example of one of these learning management systems. I'm Oliver Schinkten, staff instructor at LinkedIn, and I'm excited to help you get your course up and running on the Moodle platform and introducing you to some of the neat features. I encourage you to join me and find out what Moodle can do for you, and it's even kind of fun to say, Moodle.
- New features in Moodle 3.6
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
Advanced Moodle: Working with Themeswith Chris Mattia58m 17s Advanced
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.