The Moodle learning management system allows you to customize your course settings including the look and layout as well as the different features and functions. Be sure to customize your course settings before inviting students into your course, in order to ensure that the course is easy for students to navigate.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- In this video, we'll take a look…at how to adjust your course settings…on the Moodle platform.…Right now, I'm on the course dashboard for my course,…and in order to adjust the settings, I'm going to navigate…to the left-hand side in the administration block.…I want to click on Edit Settings.…This will bring up all of our course settings,…and there are a lot of them.…There's a lot of settings all over in Moodle,…which is a good thing because it allows us…to customize our course the way we like it.…Now we don't have time to cover all of the settings,…but remember to take advantage of Moodle's in-line help,…which is represented by a question mark…with a circle around it.…
For instance, here under Course Short Name,…if i click on the in-line help, it lets me know that…the short name of the course is displayed in the navigation…and is used in the subject line of course email messages,…so we need to adjust accordingly.…So for this, in the settings,…we can adjust the name of the course.…One very important thing in the General tab…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
Creating Multimedia Learningwith Renaldo Lawrence56m 59s Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.