Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting to the database, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- In previous videos,…we've prepared our server and computer…for installing Moodle.…We've downloaded the Moodle files,…installed a local server,…checked system requirements,…updated software where necessary…and created a database…to house Moodle's content.…Now it's time to actually install Moodle.…If you remember when I downloaded the Moodle files,…I saved them here in a separate folder.…That's the Download's folder.…I'm going to rename this Moodle file…to gols or General Online Language School…to reflect my project name.…
Let's copy them over to the server now.…We need to drop them into what's known…as the Public folder…on our local server.…On XAMPP for Windows,…you're Public folder is going to be C/XAMPP/htdocs…So what I'll do is copy this folder,…go over to the XAMPP Control Panel,…click on the Explorer button…and that launches the Explorer window…where I'm already located inside the XAMPP folder.…From here you can see the htdocs folder.…I'll just click on it here…and now I'm inside the htdocs folder,…where I'll just paste my gols folder.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.