Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring a plugin, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- In this video, we'll take a look at configuring a Plugin…and how they work…using our new Attendance module as an example.…The first thing we want to do is configure our Plugin.…And as a matter of fact, we've already done this.…Moodle automatically let us there as a first step…right after installing the Plugin.…But let's say we wanted to reconfigure it…or edit its Settings.…In that case, I'm going to go to Site administration,…and then I'm going to go to Plugins,…and then Plugin overview.…Here I'm going to see a list of my Plugins.…
You can see that Moodle already ships…with a bunch of Plugins.…The one we just downloaded, the Attendance Plugin,…is marked as Additional.…The rest are marked as Standard.…If I go to the Attendance Plugin here,…I have the option to Uninstall it.…But I'm just going to go to Settings.…I'll then see this configuration page…we saw in the previous video.…On this particular Plugin there's only one Setting.…Just for the sake of feeling like we edited something…let's increase the number of students…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.