Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring notifications, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- To close out the chapter, let's look at what options…you have for security notifications in Moodle.…As an administrator,…you want to be in the know of what's going on.…Under the Notifications page,…under the subsection of Security,…there are a few brief options that'll help you be aware.…Display login failures simply toggles the ability…for failed login attempts to be displayed.…Just a heads up about this setting,…not all theme authors allows failed login messages…to be displayed up at the top.…If you're gonna try testing it,…I'd recommend trying it on a default Moodle theme,…like the Clean theme that we had started out with…at the beginning of the course.…
In addition to that,…you might want to go over to the Language subsection,…and then over to the Language packs page,…and remove the French language pack.…Otherwise, your messages might come up in French.…This next setting is a straightforward one.…You can select certain users…and have them be directly notified…of failed login attempts through email.…Take note, though, that this is a bit of an advanced feature…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.