Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Configuring a calendar, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- Let's look at how to configure course calendars.…Calendars are a very important component…in learning environments.…These settings here determine the format…your teacher's calendar will display in.…Calendar Type has only one option by default.…Certain plugins could enable us to…increase that list to use other calendars,…such as a Chinese calendar, for example.…Below that, I have Admin see all.…If I check this, managers will be able to see every event,…not just the ones that are associated with them.…I'll uncheck that though.…Below that, I have Time display format.…
Here we can toggle the clock…to be 24-hour or 12-hour.…I'd say 24-hour clocks are best…for international educational environments…because they avoid confusion.…Since my setup is an international language school here,…that would be ideal.…After that, we have the starting day of the week.…Typically, that's Sunday,…in most educational environments I've worked in.…On the setting below,…you're able to flag which days constitute weekends.…I've seen some language schools in the past…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.