Competency-based grading is a rising trend, and Moodle has taken this into consideration. Competencies can be added by your institution and then easily incorporated into assignments or assessments in order to track student progress.
- [Instructor] A recent release of Moodle … has made competencies easy to track inside of Moodle. … This is especially important … to anyone using competency-based education. … In Moodle, it's now easy to link these competencies … to a course and then activities within that course. … Competencies must be loaded into Moodle … by your institution or system administrator. … Let's take a look at where you can find them. … Over on the left hand side, there is a tab for competencies. … When I click on this, we can see here … that I do not have any competencies … that have been linked to my course. … Now, if I wanted to link some to my course, … I could go up to the top … and click on Add competencies to course. … Remember, however, that here I don't have any that appear … and these must be loaded in, … either by your system administrator or by your institution. … So you'll have to talk to them … with regards to getting these competencies entered in. … Now, if we did have them in here, … we could lead them to our course. …
- Name the theme that was recently introduced in Moodle 3.3.
- Recognize the symbol that indicates Moodle inline help.
- Identify the block used to keep track of a course schedule.
- Apply the Pencil tool to change the number of points that a quiz question is worth.
- Define a “single simple discussion.”
- Determine the default minimum score required to receive an A.
- Recall the Moodle backup format that is compatible with other learning management systems.
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.