Competency-based grading is a rising trend, and Moodle has taken this into consideration. Learn how competencies can be added by your institution and then easily incorporated into assignments or assessments in order to track student progress.
- [Instructor] A recent release of Moodle…has made it easy to track competencies on the platform.…This is especially important to anyone…using competency-based education.…Now, in Moodle, it's easy to link competencies…to your activities within the course…if you have them available.…Let's take a look at where we can find them.…On the left-hand side, if this side navigation bar is out,…you can select competencies.…Here you'll see this blue message saying…no competencies have been linked to this course.…Well, if I go up to the top,…I can see add competencies to the course,…and I'll click on this.…
Now, competencies must be loaded into Moodle…by your institution or system administrator.…Here, I don't have any that are loaded by my institution,…so I don't have any that I could add to my course.…If I did, they would be here, and I'd be able to add them.…Now let's take a look at a place where this would be useful.…I'm going to go back to my Biology 101 course.…I'll scroll down, and add an activity or resource.…Now remember that when we were adding assignments…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile
- Creating sections within a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding course resources
- Quizzing students
- Managing course participants
- Customizing the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 31s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.4
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.4
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.