Competency-based grading is a rising trend, and Moodle has taken this into consideration. Competencies can be added by your institution and then easily incorporated into and assignments or assessments in order to track student progress.
- [Instructor] A recent release of Moodle has made it easy…to track competencies on the platform.…This is especially important to anyone…using competency-based education.…Now, in Moodle, it's easy to link competencies…to your activities within the course…if you have them available.…Let's take a look at where we can find them.…On the left hand side,…if this side navigation bar is out,…you can select Competencies.…Here, you'll see this blue message…saying "No competencies have been linked to this course."…Well, if I go up to the top,…I can see "Add competencies to the course"…and I'll click on this.…
Now, competencies must be loaded into Moodle…by your institution or system administrator.…Here, I don't have any that are loaded by my institution,…so I don't have any that I could add to my course.…If I did, they would be here, and I'd be able to add them.…Now, let's take a look at a place…where this would be useful.…I'm going to go back to my Biology 101 course,…I'll scroll down, and Add an Activity or Resource.…Now, remember that when we were adding assignments…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.