Competency-based grading is a rising trend, and Moodle has taken this into consideration. Competencies can be added by your institution and then easily incorporated into and assignments or assessments in order to track student progress.
- [Instructor] One of the recent releases of Moodle…made competencies easy to track inside of the platform.…This is especially important to anyone…using competency based education.…In Moodle, it's now easy to link competencies to a course,…and then link them to activities within the course.…Competencies must be loaded into Moodle…by your institution or a system administrator.…If you have competencies added,…let's quickly check out where they'll be.…On the left hand side of the page,…if this navigation menu is dragged out,…there will be a link for competencies.…
I'll click here, and as you can see,…I don't have any competencies that appear,…and that's because my institution…does not have any preloaded.…If they did have them, but they were not yet added…to my course, I could go ahead…and add the desired competencies.…I could click add competencies to course.…I could search for them in here,…and then add them to my specific course.…Now it is possible that you have permissions…to manage competencies and frameworks…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.