Competency-based grading is a rising trend and Moodle has taken this into consideration. Competencies can be added by your institution and then easily incorporated into any assignments or assessments in order to track student progress. In this video, learn how to add competencies to your Moodle course.
- [Instructor] A recent release of Moodle … has made competencies easy to track inside of Moodle. … This is especially important … to anyone using competency-based education. … In Moodle, it's now easy to link these competencies … to a course and then activities within that course. … Competencies must be loaded into Moodle … by your institution or system administrator. … Let's take a look at where you can find them. … Over on the left-hand side, … there is a tab for Competencies. … When I click on this, … we can see here that I do not have any competencies … that have been linked to my course. … Now if I wanted to link some to my course, … I could up to the top … and click on Add competencies to course. … Remember, however, that here, … I don't have any that appear … and these must be loaded in … either by your system administrator … or by your institution, … so you'll have to talk to them … with regards to getting these competencies entered in. … Now, if we did have them in here, … we could load them to our course …
- Setting up an instructor profile
- Creating a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Posting announcements
- Adding resources and activities
- Managing files and URLs
- Adding assignments
- Creating a quiz
- Enrolling students in a course
- Chatting and sending messages
- Setting up a gradebook
- Viewing gradebook reports
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.7
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.7
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 34s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.