Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Choosing a theme, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- We've come to the point in our course where it's time…to customize the look of our site a little,…which is what we're gonna look at in this chapter.…And we'll start with this video,…with knowing how to choose a good theme.…Keep in mind that Moodle customization…can turn into an enormous topic,…which could easily occupy an entire course or two.…There's little doubt that your school will request…at least some minor changes to the way Moodle looks.…Some of these you'll be able to perform…with your essential skills from this chapter,…but to perform others, you'll need more advanced skills…or even programming skills.…Customizing the look of Moodle can be found under…Site administration and then down under Appearance.…
Even this chapter will not suffice…to cover all of the options in that section,…but I wanna cover some of what might be the basic requests…you'll often get from school administrators…and curriculum creators.…The first thing you should know about customization…is selecting and configuring a theme.…Just finding and applying an appropriate Moodle theme…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.