It is important for instructors to learn more about their students in order to build rapport, customize the learning experience, and to gain feedback about their instruction. The "choice" activity on the Moodle platform allows instructors to create polls for their students to complete. Moodle's "survey" activity contains preloaded surveys including the Constructivist Online Learning Environment Survey as well as the Attitudes to Thinking and Learning Survey which will help you to learn more about your students.
- I am a strong believer in quality feedback.…Effective learning takes place…when helpful feedback and support…is given to learners.…I also believe that it's important for educators…to receive feedback.…How often do you survey or poll your class…to find out how they feel that you're doing?…How they liked a certain lesson,…or what their opinion is on a certain classroom decision?…On the Moodle platform there are a couple ways…that you can get feedback from students.…This will help you to improve your instruction,…as well as get to know your students better,…helping to build rapport,…and allowing you to customize…the student learning experience.…
There's the Choice and the Survey activities…that we can utilize.…First, let's take a look at the Choice activity.…If I want to add a Choice activity,…I first want to make sure editing is on.…And I need to select the section that it'll appear in.…I'll add this to The Communication Medium.…Here I'll click on Add an activity.…From here, I'll choose the Choice option.…And the first thing I need to do…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Starting with a blank course shell
- Using Moodle blocks to add different features and functionality
- Creating course sections
- Adding resources as file downloads and links
- Incorporating assignments, quizzes, and forums
- Enrolling students
- Creating groups
- Setting up the gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.0
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.0
Adjusting course settings7m 32s
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
Next steps1m 8s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.