Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Checking and editing course default settings, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- We're now in the chapter that deals with courses.…Along with managing users,…this has to be one of the most common tasks…you'll be performing as Moodle administrator.…We're gonna first have a look…at the global default settings…of how Moodle manages courses…before actually creating a course.…Our first setting determines…whether courses are visible or hidden by default.…If you make the course hidden,…students won't be able to access it…even if they have the exact link with the URL.…I'll remind you again that this is a global setting.…In other words, you can override it later…on the individual course setting.…
This says that courses will be visible as a rule,…but you can make an individual course an exception,…just by modifying it's individual visibility setting.…We get to Course format here.…Moodle's courses are separated into…what are called, "Sections."…You can see Weekly Format here.…Some of these course formats will make more sense…as you start to work with Moodle and practice.…A social format, for example,…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.