The chat feature allows students the ability to communicate and collaborate on the Moodle platform, even when they are not meeting face to face. Chats can be added to different sections of your course.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll take a look … at the chat activity and how can extend the conversations … be on the walls of the classroom. … I like Moodle's description of the chat feature. … Chats enable participants to have text-based, … realtime synchronous discussions. … Chats can be a very useful activity to add to your course … if students will need to work on something … when they're not meeting face to face. … This is a safe way to have learners communicate because … the discussions can be monitored and all chats can be saved … and made available for others in the class to see. … Let's take a look at how to add a chat. … First I'm going to scroll down to one of my sections. … I'll go to the structure and function section. … Then I'll click on add an activity or resource. … From here, I'll select Chat. … Then, at the bottom, I'll click on Add. … This'll bring us to the page where we can begin … creating this chat. … I'm going to go in here and type in project discussions. …
- Name the theme that was recently introduced in Moodle 3.3.
- Recognize the symbol that indicates Moodle inline help.
- Identify the block used to keep track of a course schedule.
- Apply the Pencil tool to change the number of points that a quiz question is worth.
- Define a “single simple discussion.”
- Determine the default minimum score required to receive an A.
- Recall the Moodle backup format that is compatible with other learning management systems.
Skill Level Beginner
What you should know1m 2s
1. Learning Management Systems (LMSs)
New features in Moodle 3.63m 25s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.6
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.6
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.