The chat feature allows students the ability to communicate and collaborate on the Moodle platform, even when they are not meeting face-to-face. Chats can be added to different sections of your course.
- In this video we'll take a look at the chat activity,…and how it can extend the conversation beyond…the walls of the classroom.…Now, I like Moodle's description of the chat activity.…It says that chats enable participants…to have text-based real-time synchronous discussions.…Chats can be a very useful activity…to add to your course if you have students…who are working on something, but not meeting face to face.…It's a safe way to have learners communicate…because they can have discussions that are monitored…and all chats can be saved and made available…for others in a class to see.…
Let's take a look at how to add a chat.…I'm going to scroll down,…and under my structure and functions section,…I'm going to click on add an activity or resource,…and then on the left I'll select chat and add.…Now here's where we can create that chat.…I'm going to name this one Project Discussions,…because I want students to be able…to discuss their projects on here.…Now when I scroll down, I could enter a description…and choose whether I want to display that.…
- New features in Moodle 3.3
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and navigation settings
- Creating a course in Moodle 3.3
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding resources to the different sections of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
Skill Level Beginner
Elearning Techniques: Visual Designwith Sally Cox1h 34m Intermediate
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS)
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.3
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.3
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 38s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.