The chat feature allows students the ability to communicate and collaborate on the Moodle platform, even when they are not meeting face-to-face. Chats can be added to different sections of your course.
- [Instructor] In this video, we'll take a look at…the chat activity.…Now I like the definition that Moodle gives for their chats.…It says that chats enable participants to have…text-based, real time synchronous discussions.…Chats can be a very useful activity…to add to your course, as students will need to…work on something when their not meeting face to face.…This is a safe way to have learners communicate…because the discussions can be monitored…and all chats can be saved and made available…for others in the class to see.…Let's take a look at how to add a chat.…Going to go down to a section,…let's say the Natural Selection unit,…and I'll click on Add and activity or resource.…
From here, I'll click on Chat,…off to the right we get a description…as well as some ways you could use it,…and then I'm going to click on Add.…For the name of this chat room,…I'm going to title it Project Discussions.…I can leave a description if I want,…and we have some other choices.…So first of all, for the chat session,…we can decide if we want to have another chat session.…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.