Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing the primary settings after installation, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- In this video, we're gonna find…the basic information you created…during the Moodle installation,…in case you ever need to revise it.…The information and settings…are scattered under various sections.…We're gonna cover those sections…in more detail later in the course,…but for now I wanna show you…how to change some of the most primary information…about your installation.…The first installation question you were asked…was what language you would like to set Moodle in.…If you work in a bilingual or immersion school environment,…you may need to change this.…It's pretty easy to find.…We're gonna go to the Site administration block,…Language, and then Language settings.…
You can see my Default language is English,…and it's the only one on the list.…But what if I wanted to change the language to French?…For that, we'll need to install a language pack first.…Lower down in the Language section on the left,…I'm gonna go to Language packs.…On the list over to the right,…I'm gonna choose French,…and Install selected language pack(s).…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.