Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Changing how courses are displayed, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- There are a few settings in the Appearance section…that determine how courses are displayed…which I wanna show you.…And keep in mind, as with many settings,…depending on the preference of the author,…some of them could be nullified…on the theme that you're using.…The first we see on this page is Course Contacts.…That determines which courses are shown…in the Course Description.…Typically and logically, this is the teacher by default,…but you might wanna have the teacher assistant, for example,…showing up on the Course Description.…I'll just leave it as teacher.…
The next setting allows the displaying…of the course extended names next to the short names.…If I check this and save,…right now I'm on the course home page,…but if I go to My Home, and then I go to Site Home,…I can see my courses listed,…and you can see the short name is listed,…the long name of the course is listed,…and we can see the teacher show up.…That's Sally, and if you remember for marketing purposes,…we had a little colloquial term for our teachers.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.