Join Kevin Kelly for an in-depth discussion in this video Challenge: Perform tasks to set up your course, part of Moodle 2.8 Essential Training.
- In this challenge, you'll prepare a…Moodle course shell for your class.…You're objectives for the challenge include…set the course start date for the first day…of your class at your institution.…Next, use the weekly course format…with enough sections for every week in your academic term.…Third, create one learning outcome for your course…with a scale you create.…Finally, add a block to your course page…that let's you see who is in the class.…
This challenge should take about five minutes to complete.…When you're done, make sure to check out my solution video,…where I'll show you how I went about setting up a course.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Setting up learning outcomes
- Adding, moving, editing, and deleting blocks
- Uploading files for students to download
- Adding links and RSS feeds
- Adding students and teaching assistants
- Creating groups
- Communicating with announcements, polls, emails, and chat
- Facilitating discussions, peer review, and team projects
- Creating and grading quizzes and assignments
- Working with the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Ready to Teach with Moodle
2. Preparing Your Course in Moodle
3. Managing Course Resources in Moodle
4. Managing Course Participants in Moodle
5. Communicating with Students in Moodle
6. Facilitating Activities in Moodle
7. Assessing Learning in Moodle
8. Course Administration in Moodle
Setting up the gradebook5m 3s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.