Moodle has improved their calendar, giving users the ability to enter events from the calendar page and to quickly change the days of events by dragging and dropping them to a different day.
- [Instructor] I have to admit…that I haven't been a big fan of Moodle's calendar…and therefore haven't mentioned it…in courses of previous versions.…With the latest update however,…the Moodle calendar has been greatly improved.…Now I want to take a quick look at the calendar…and show what you can do with it.…So right not I'm on my course homepage…for my Biology 101: Concepts of Biology course,…and on the left-hand side I can scroll down…and you'll see that there's a tab for calendar.…I'm going to click on that and it brings us to our calendar.…Now here we can see different events.…
So if I click here on the 13th…I'll be able to see that we already have an event here…and it is a project discussion.…Now, the cool part about the new calendar…is that you're able to add events…from right inside of the calendar.…Up here at the top I can click on New event…or I could click on the date.…I'm going to click on New event up here.…And let's say for instance that…I'm going to set this as November eighth.…I can set a time; I'm going to set this for 9:30.…
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile
- Creating sections within a course
- Adjusting course settings
- Adding course resources
- Quizzing students
- Managing course participants
- Customizing the Moodle gradebook
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 31s
2. Get Started with Moodle 3.4
3. Create a Course in Moodle 3.4
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Manage Course Participants
Next steps1m 44s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.