Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Building your navigation, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- In this lesson, we're going to set some of the appearance…and behaviors of Moodle's navigation.…I have to say that one of my pet peeves…of Moodle to this day is its navigation.…I feel that there are just too many links…with too many options,…and users tend to get confused.…We saw one way to alleviate this earlier,…and that was by applying or purchasing a good theme…that has put a lot of focus on clarifying the navigation.…Back on my own Moodle site here,…I can't say that the one I'm currently using…does much to clarify navigation,…but there are a few free ones out there that do.…
The second way to manipulate navigation…is what we're going to do right now,…which is customize its appearance and behavior.…The first option tells Moodle which page…will be regarded as the home page.…We have Site,…which we've seen is currently the Home page.…I just click Back,…and then I have the option of My home.…If you don't remember what My home looks like,…let's head over to the Mount Orange demo site.…This here is the teacher view.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Intermediate
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Intermediate
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.