Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Blocking rogue visitors, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- The final chapter of topics…brings us to the all-important issue of security.…Starting with this video, we're gonna look how to…black or allow specific servers from accessing our site.…Now, like many of the other topics,…security is both a big issue…that could occupy an entire course by itself,…and it can also get pretty technical.…Suffice it to say, we're only gonna look at…some basic beginner-level considerations in this chapter.…You can come over to the page I'm at here…by going to Site Administration, and then Security,…and then IP Blocker.…
On this page, I see three form fields.…Let's start from bottom to top.…Block IP List provides a space for you…to add IP addresses of users…that you don't want accessing the site.…It's one address per line.…I've got a few fictional IP Addresses here,…so I'm gonna go ahead and add them.…If I were to click save now, and then try to browse…to the site through those IP Addresses, I'd be blocked.…Up above, Allow IP List naturally does the opposite.…I'm gonna give you a warning right off the bat here.…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management System (LMS) Fundamentalswith Aaron Quigley41m 44s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8 Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 18m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.