Join George Papazian for an in-depth discussion in this video Automated backups, part of Moodle Administration Essential Training.
- We're lucky as administrators that Moodle ships…with automated backup functionality.…Let's take a look at how to set this up in case you need it.…The first thing I'll do is enable automated backups.…If I don't select this, I'd have to manually activate…the automated process either through a command line…or the cron job we set up earlier.…That's a little more advanced, so that's why starting out,…I'll recommend that you just enable the process here.…Next, I'll choose my days.…Let's do every Thursday so if a problem…with the backup occurs, I have Friday to deal with it.…
That way, I'm not troubleshooting on my weekend.…I'll chose a time to execute it at.…I'll choose 19:00 hours on Thursdays so it takes place…at a quieter time than during school hours.…Next it asks me where I want to save my backup files.…The default here is the "Course backup filearea".…This is essentially a designated folder that Moodle sets up.…As a beginner, I recommend you choose this option.…But keep in mind that that might mean you have to manually…
- Configuring your local server with XAMPP or LAMP
- Installing Moodle
- Connecting to the database
- Installing cron and automating cron jobs
- Creating views
- Changing primary settings
- Adding and managing users and cohorts
- Setting roles and permissions
- Creating and managing courses
- Applying themes
- Working with plugins
- Keeping your Moodle site secure
Skill Level Beginner
100 Courses and Counting: David Rivers on Elearningwith David Rivers8m 22s Appropriate for all
Learning Management Systems (LMS) Quick Startwith Aaron Quigley41m 38s Appropriate for all
Captivate 8: Advanced Techniqueswith Pooja Jaisingh4h 19m Intermediate
1. Getting to Know Moodle
2. Setting Up Your Server
3. Installing Moodle
4. The Moodle Dashboard
5. Working with Users
6. Setting Permissions
7. Managing Courses
8. Setting Up a Grading System
9. Customizing the Look of Moodle
10. Working with Plugins
Next steps1m 1s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.