Moodle allows you to create, customize, and share assignments with your students. Instructors can customize the way that assignments are scored as well as the ways that students are able to submit their assignments. There are options to have students submit assignments using the built-in text editor or by uploading and submitted files.
- [Instructor] Assignments are an important part…of most courses.…As students use assignments to apply their learning,…it allows instructors to receive feedback…on how well their students are learning the material,…and then give feedback to students regarding…their learning progress.…In this video, we'll take a look at how to create…an assignment in our Moodle course.…First, in one of my sections I'm going to add…an activity or resource.…I'll scroll down to the Classification section,…and I'm going to click on Add an Activity or Resource.…From here at the top I'll click Assignment,…and then at the bottom I'll click Add.…
And this brings up the assignment page.…First I'm going to name it,…The Classification of Living Things,…and then in the description section is where…I'm actually going to create the assignment.…Now, assignments are a lot like pages in that you can share…information with students as well as resources,…such as links, images, and multimedia.…The difference here is that students will be able to submit…
- Downloading and installing Moodle
- New features in Moodle 3.2
- Navigating a Moodle course
- Customizing your profile and notification settings
- Using inline help
- Creating a course
- Adding resources to course sections
- Using labels
- Customizing the look and layout of your course
- Adding assignments, quizzes, forums, and surveys
- Managing course participants
- Setting up the Moodle gradebook
- Saving a backup of your course
Skill Level Beginner
1. Learning Management Systems (LMS) Introduction
Download and install Moodle1m 35s
2. Getting Started with Moodle 3.2
3. Creating a Course in Moodle 3.2
4. Course Resources
5. Course Activities
6. Managing Course Participants
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.